From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 07:57:36 -0700

For those of you that eat out -- here's an updated list from Tony Roma's
restaurants:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding foods at Tony Roma's restaurants
that are free from wheat or wheat based vinegar products.  The following
items DO NOT CONTAIN ANY wheat products: ( I called  her regarding other
gluten deritives and here is her additional email response):  Yes this
means no oats, barley or rye!

Thanks.  I hope you enjoy our restaurants.

Angela Saldivar

> 1.      Tony Roma's Original barbecue sauce
> 2.      Tony Roma's Carolina Honeys(TM) barbecue sauce
> 3.      Tony Roma's Red Hots(TM) barbecue sauce
> 4.      Tony Roma's Blue Ridge Smokies(TM) barbecue sauce
> 5.      Cole slaw dressing
> 6.      All salad dressings
> 7.      Ranch Style beans
>
> I'm sure some items are obvious to you like bread or flour tortillas;
> however some, like our famous onion loaf, may not be obvious.  Please
> be aware our onion loaf and breaded appetizers DO contain wheat.
>
> Our Potato Skins and Spinach Artichoke Dip DO NOT contain wheat.  The
> chips we serve with the Spinach Artichoke Dip are corn tortilla chips.
>
> Please note that our French fries are cooked in the same basket and
> oil as our breaded appetizers.  There is no dedicated basket just for
> French fries.
>
> Thank you.Angela Saldivar

Eat at your own risk -- I've already learned that even though some
restaurants say "gluten free" -- they contain oils and spices that have
gluten in them.  This is the only info the corporate office for the
restaurant provided.

Happy eating!

Jill/Texas