From:
Julie Hix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:51:50 EST

The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) will hold it's Annual Education Conference
on June 2 and 3, 2001, in Tacoma, Washington at the University of Puget
Sound.  UPS has a beautiful campus with carefully manicured grounds and
stunning views of Mt. Rainier with Puget Sound only minutes away.

Our conference this year has an expanded program geared to all aspects of CD.
 We begin on Friday night (June 1st) with a get-acquainted social and
pre-check in for those staying on campus or who wish to avoid the Saturday
morning check-in crowd.  Then there are vendors, vendors, vendors!  And yummy
samples, samples, samples!  Our speakers program on both Saturday and Sunday
will educate and challenge you.  The speakers are topnotch and will discuss
the latest topics that interest all people with CD.  We even have the
opportunity to participate in "Learning Lunches" to pursue topics that are
geared to group discussion and a more conversational presentation (and
wonderful GF food).  Children are not left out as we are offering a one day
program, with unstructured classes, the opportunity to learn coping skills,
food that is fun, recreation, a group swim, and a pizza party with movies to
top off the day.  The Annual GIG Banquet will be held on Saturday evening
with award winning local entertainment (and fabulous food, of course).

We will offer on site health testing again this year for a minimal cost.  We
hope this will provide some of the information needed to maintain optimum
health while dealing with the challenges of celiac disease.

We hope you can join us this year.  GIG has worked hard to present a
conference that is reasonable in price, informative and fun!  Please visit
our website at www.gluten.net for more information, e-mail us at
[log in to unmask], call our office at (206)246-6652, or mail us at the address
below.  We look forward to seeing you in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Julie Hix
2001 Annual Education Conference Chairman

Gluten Intolerance Group
15110 10th Avenue SW
Suite A
Seattle WA 98166