From:
Phlip Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:26:55 -0500

Dear list mates,

My first unpleasant experience in a restaurant happened yesterday at a
Perkins' Restaurant nearby in Bradenton, Florida. Ordered bacon, eggs
and coffee (no toast, no potatoes to be safe) and handed the waitress my
one slice of rice bread requesting it be toasted. When she returned she
said the manager told her the restaurant policy is no food or drink is
to be brought in. This was a first for me - even the Waffle House is
gracious about toasting my bread. I have heard of this policy in movie
theaters and I'm sure many of you have run into this in restaurants.

I've sent a letter and some clippings about celiac disease to the local
manager and also went to the website for Perkins (a Northcott Company)
(www.perkinsrestaurant.com) and e-mailed my displeasure at a
discriminatory policy against persons with an illness.

Not a big deal - I ate the bread anyway - and you know it's much better
toasted. :-)

Marion
Sarasota, FL