From:
Greg Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:41:53 -0500

Hello all. I know I am beating a dead horse here, but I am hoping to get an
answer to a very frustrating and puzzling question.

I have been on a absolute strict gluten free diet. The only thing I eat is
either been slaughtered, picked from a tree or vine or grown in the ground
(especially for the past 3 months). And positively no 'grass' foods.
My blood test have NEVER come back positive for anything EXCEPT for the
tissue transglutaminase antibody. My small bowel biopsy only showed mild
chronic inflammation and no other abnormalities by 2 doctors and several
pathologists. I also am extremely carbohydrate intolerant and have gone
form 173 lbs to 148 lbs in 6 months. I have had multiple small bowel follow
through, ct scans, endoscopies and colonoscopies. I have the gambit... all
negative.

Now, after 5 months and 3 blood test, my ttg antibody still comes back even
higher at 240.

This time last year I could ride my bike 80 miles on a good day. Now I am
lucking to walk 3 blocks. I am weak, thin and very scared.

No doctor has any advice and knows very little about the ttg test.
Does anyone know the difference between the ttg antibody and ttg enzyme?
Isn't the ttg ANTIBODY (not the enzyme)  ONLY referred to with gluten use?
If any can help, please feel free to email direct.  [log in to unmask]
I apologize for the repetition of the question.

Greg Eric