From:
Elaine Mathews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:01:31 -0500

Here is a summary of some of the responses:

Arthritis, allergies, asthma now celiac 9 mos. ago.
CD, DH, myastenia gravis, unidentified autoimmune arthritis
Graves - Celiac
Hypothyroidism- rheumatoid arth. - myasthenia gravis-episclaritis
Many celiacs have peripheral neuropathy
Celiac and psoriasis
Fibromyalgia-Sgrogen's - then celiac possible osteoarthritis
Celiac now hypothyroidism
Celiac now one of the myositis's
Celiac - Takayasu Arteritis

As you can tell there are so many celiacs with "other" autoimmune
conditions.  There is a celiac/autoimmune chat board on Monday nights at
Dr. Fines website www.finerhealth.com  All would be welcome he would really
like to get this going.

Also check out the www.aarda.org website (American Autoimmune Related
Disorders).  They have a lot of energy into getting research for autoimmune
diseases.  We should be supporting them and trying to get them to help us
celiacs.  Please e-mail them with your concerns.

I think I have found where have all the celiacs gone?  They're sitting in
the rheum's-endos-neuros offices.  Some have already sank under the iceberg.

Elaine