From:
ronald owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:47:47 -0500

    In that it's Valentine's Day, this info may be too late, but I was
inspired by a 5 year-old's need to call Russell Stover Candy Co.  Today a
spokeswoman told me that all their candy was GF except that which contained
cookie or crispy material, which is mostly in their candy bars.  She said
the chocolates, including the cherry covered chocolates are gluten free.
She also said that the same company produces Whitman Candy and they too are
GF.  She said some flavorings are made with alcohol, but they are sure all
the alcohol is "burned off" in the cooking.  If you want to try their
valentine candy, it should be on sale in all stores tomorrow.  Their phone
is 1-800-777-4028. Their web site is not yet running, but you might want to
try www.nesco.com. (maker of Candy Cupboard chocolates and Necco wafer).
They answer the question (under FAQ) about glutens.  (I have no connection
with either company.  I'm just a consumer.)