From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 14:36:23 -0500

  I couldn't agree with you more on keeping an open mind.  I have never
been into alternative medicines myself, but I want so much for my 3-year-
old son to lead a "normal" life without concern for his diet that I
would consider at some point down the road the possibility of having him
treated if there is some evidence that acupuncture is a treatment/cure.
Have you had any tests (blood, stool, biopsy) run after your treatment?
I have read a lot of responses from those who are relatively
asymptomatic, so it would be helpful if those of you who have seemingly
had a reversal could document it through the standardized tests.  Just a
thought...

I do not believe that acupucture can cure celiac disease.

One twin has celiac disease and the other does not.  They both have the gene
for celiac disease, but one got the trigger (believed virus) and has celiac
disease and the other twin has the gene but didn't get the trigger, so does
not have celiac disease.

Maybe in the future the other twin will get the trigger.

Once a celiac, always a celiac!!!!   I believe this is true!!!

Thank you for your very informative  post.  You
didn't mention whether you had actually had the genetic test done to
show the predisposition for celiacs or whether you had the GI biopsy, or
AGG, AGI antibody testing done.  From what I have been reading it seems
many, many people do not have celiacs but rather a wheat/gluten allergy.
The treatment appears to be the same--avoidance of the gluten.  However,
with the allergy one does not have the long term concerns of lymphoma , etc.

I wonder how/why the acupuncture worked for you...and I also wonder why that
original identical twin did not develop celiacs...

I imagine you have set off a heated debate.  But we must always keep our mind
open to new possibilities...

[JCarl is Swedish. His posts are sometimes hard to follow, but
interesting. GK]

I enjoyed Your letter so much.  I am the one, who do not believe the
doctors have all the answers.  There is so much more out there.  I will
not admit that things are incurable, just that we have not found the
answer.  Research money is hard to get to things that cannot be pattend
and sold.

I had eczema for many, many years before I became allergic to gluten. The
later started after Cortisone and Prednison treatment. No wonder, if You
believes some sources, that says that allergy has to do with the adrenals.
Cortisone shuts done ones own production while on the medication. That is the
reason one have to taper of the medication.

I feel like a guinea pig with regular prescription drugs. I never heard
acupuncture gives bad side affects.

Click here: Immune System Support - Please Log In
http://www.lef.org/
http://www.naet.com/subscribers/index3.html
http://consumer.pdr.net/consumer/index.htm
This is some sites that You might be interested in

[As some people are hesitant to talk openly about schizophrenia, I've
elected to NOT include the e-mail address for the next message.  If
you want to be put in touch, send me the message and I'll forward it.
GK]

Good thought provoking discussion you've started there!  Thanks.

My 23 year old son had a schizophrenic episode in the past that lasted
for about six weeks.  He heard voices & had hallucinations.  It was the
scariest six weeks of his & my life. I'm an RN & didn't want to plug him
into the mental health circuit with all their drugs etc., before we ruled
out EVERY thing physical we could.  He snapped out of it & rejoined the
world of sane people when he went on a strict low carb diet similar to
the ATkins diet at my suggestion.  That was about a year ago.  He's quite
thin & needs more variety in his diet, but he's afraid to eat now because
he never knows what going to happen & how he's going to behave when he
does.  Pretty tough for a young man who's desparately trying to get his
education & develop some independence from his parents.  He still has
trouble from time to time but nothing like he was.  He notices a very
strong correlation in his ability to think normally & his diet.  Casien
(milk protein) is especially bad for him.  I have ordered the whole
sensitivity panel for him.  I just hope we can find solutions.

I have an uncle who was a sickly child & who has had nagging but mild
health problems all his life.  He's now about 75 & nutier than a fruit
cake.  I'm pretty sure he'd be a much more normal man if he had been
GF/CF all these years.  It's sad when you see what could have been with a
little knowledge & proper medical intervention.