From:
Dina Moreth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:03:50 -0500

Hello All,

Recently two people posted responses from companies regarding gluten in
their products.  One was about Children's Motrin:

<< I just posted a question about McNeil's Children's Motrin not on their
GF list anymore and received an answer from them today.  They have
changed their "sweetner formulation" and the product has not been
re-tested, therefore, it had to be removed from their GF list.  They only
list items that have specifically been tested to contain gluten.>>

And the other was from Breyers Ice Cream:

<< I am sorry to inform you that at this time we do not test our products
for gluten.  For this reason I can not say our products are gluten-free.

What I would like to know is when they say their product has or has not
been "tested" for gluten, what do they mean?  Are they referring to just
investigating the sources of all their ingredients like we have to do, or
is there a physical lab test of some sort that they do?