From:
Karen Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:46:31 -0400

Hi,

Years ago I had biopsy that was negative although the gastro said there
was some intestinal inflammation. Villi were intact, although only one
small area was biopsied. I wasn't advised to go GF at that time.

Blood tests were negative, until they were run again recently and now
the anti-gliadin antibody is positive. My doc isn't saying much except
that this is enough to warrant going GF. But I'm wondering, does this
scenario suggest celiac or some lesser degree of gluten intolerance?

I'd also like to know to what extent I should be avoiding gluten..
certainly I will check all labels, but I know that some people on this
list also avoid products from manufacturers who use some non-GF foods,
in case there's any contamination in the processing. I generally want to
avoid most processed foods anyway, but for convenience there are still
some I keep around. Any advice is welcomed :)

-Karen