Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 15:38:23 EDT
From:
Lisa S Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

On Tue, 25 Apr 1995 13:43:33 -0400 Don Wiss said:

>Actually she does, but not in her book. She likes the Zojirushi S-15 and the
>Welbuilt models. GF dough is very tough and needs a strong motor and paddle.
>It also needs a cooling down fan unless you plan to be present when it's
>done (to take it out).

No, GF dough is not tough.  It is very SOFT, more like a *batter* than a
dough.  I made gf bread without a bread machine for a long time and what's
different about making GF bread is that you cannot knead it. Real dough, with
the elasticity provided by gluten, must be kneaded either by hand or machine.

I now have a Welbilt, though I bought the 1 lb size instead of the 1.5 lb.
I did this for economy and because my kitchen is small. But it means that all
Hagman's recipes must be cut down by a third.  I have actually had much better
success using the recipes that came with the machine.  When I make Hagman's
recipes I use the "dough" setting, and take the dough out and bake it in
two pans in my oven.

>>Can the washable parts be put in a dishwasher?
>
>No. Except for maybe the paddle which is small enough to wash by hand.

I put both the paddle and the dough container in the dishwasher.

I must say however, that my gf bread is good enough to be accepted by all
family members, and I no longer bother with wheat bread.  I feel that's
safer, not only in terms of the machine but the toaster too. And I don't
worry about crumbs in the margarine tub.

Lisa Lewis