From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:00:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/01 11:07:12 AM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Many anthropologists believe that primitive groups (other than Eskimos and
 others living in extreme environments), ate many times more produce and
 fiber than is common in America and other industrialized nations.  Btw, even
 on a paleo diet deriving only 60 grams of carbs per day, one can eat a lot
 of produce and take in a large amount of fiber, depending upon one's food
 choices >>

Rachel,
Different things I read recommend at least 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day. It
looks like the primitive groups you speak of probably ate much more than
that(what would you guess their average intake was?)....should we gradually
increase fiber intake ?...and ...eating lots and lots of veggies and fruits
fills me up so much that I don't have much room for anything else....smaller
amounts of meat and fish....is this the way to go in your opinion?
I am not trying to put you on the spot....I am just wondering about all of
this. :)
Thanks for the great info in your posts.

Mary C.
San Antonio,TX