From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:47:36 -0400
From: "Adrienne Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
> Thanks for the suggestions.  A few comments/questions:
> No
> matter how many non-starchy veggies I eat, I seem to be battling
> constipation.  That is part of the reason I sometimes take large amounts
of C
> and magnesium oxide.  With all the oils and water I ingest, I just do not
> understand why I have this constipation problem.  I'm actually afraid to
stop
> the flaxseeds for fear of making a bad situation worse.  Ideas??

Have you tried psyllium fiber? The kind that is unprocessed available in the
big cannisters as "Colon Cleanser". Work up to 2 tblspns in a glass of water
once or twice a day. This works extremely well. I have been taking it for 12
years every day before I go to bed.

Also, of course, there is fruit. A piece of fruit, anything other than an
apple, will generally help. You probably don't want the fruit because of the
sugar, but fruit is paleo.

--Richard