From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:50:58 -0400
It would be very interesting to know more about your diet and other
supplements other than the fish oil. How much carbohydrate? What other
kinds of fats? Do you get a lot of omega 6, or do you get more omega 9
or saturated fats? Since you're on this list you probably already know
the importance of all these things, but I'm interested to know since all
these could have a bearing on cholesterol. Of course, the omega 3's are
very oxidizable, even in your body after you consume them, so you have
to have high levels of antioxidants in your system to protect them. I
have read that game meat or grass-fed meat have very high levels of
protective vitamin E, lipoic acid, and CLA, so if that's not the kind of
meat you're eating then you might need vitamin E supplements (mixed
natural tocopherols, and tocotrienols if you can afford them), but you
probably know that too.

Another thing I've heard is that cholesterol tests can vary quite a lot,
and before changing a lot of things and worrying about it you might want
to get another test.