From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:29:07 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 The following paragraphs are from a fellow list member on another
 email list that I am on. He was wondering if there are references
 on if a person's sleep needs change with the seasons. I did check
 in the archives for the list (I typed in winter sleep as my search)
 and didn't really find any references, but I did find people
 suggesting
 the book, "Lights Out" (I think that is what it's called?) Any
 help/insights/knowledge would be most appreciated! I asked the
 gentleman
 if I could post his email, and he said that would be great!

Hi-Out from lurkdom,

Not having read this entire thread, I don't know if this has already been
discussed.

I know of a woman (dont know her name) in NYC who treats infertile women with
cycles of darkness on the based on phases of the moon. She believes that you
need to sleep in complete darkness at night for most of the month, but as you
approach the full moon you gradually introduce a little light into the room
for a few days.

Aparrantly many women she has worked with have regularized their cycles after
a time on this, and many have become able to become pregnant.

FWIW,
Sandy