From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:28:43 -0600
I have "Warm Window" coverings in my bedroom. I opted for those for energy
conservation since we live in an old, drafty house. In the warmer weather,
it also helps keep the bedroom cooler. I have curtain liners on the large
livingroom window. These are closed at night in real cold weather and during
the day in hot weather. Otherwise, the light filters into the livingroom
which is adjacent to the bedroom. This gradually increases the light in the
bedroom in a more natural way. I have seen, and thought about getting, an
alarm clock that wakes you up by gradually increasing the light in the
room...don't remember where I saw these. For those of us with jobs requiring
a specific wake up time, this might be less intrusive than a traditional
alarm clock.

Just my 2¢ on this subject. I also am reading the book "Lights Out: Sleep,
Sugar, and Survival" and see that changes in my sleeping patterns would be a
benefit to me overall health.

Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats."