From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 00:12:11 -0400
> >I feel good, but had one experience were I didnt get enough of something-
> and couldnt move in the morning- it was quite terrible, and I didn't feel
> better till around noon.  Maybe not enough carbs? (I'm making alot of milk
> for my baby).  So I am needing to know what I did- because if I eat too
> much fruit, (which doesnt seem to be that much) I have a headache and feel
> my blood sugar drop (?)

This seems like an electrolyte problem. Potassium and sodium. If you drink a
lot of water, are on a low carb diet, and are nursing, you could lose a
great deal of electrolytes very quickly and this causes you to feel weak. I
would make sure to get plenty of potassium and sodium.

When I was on Atkins I would dissolve a bit of potassium salt in water and
drink it when I felt this way. The paleo way, I would eat some fruit which
tends to have potassium. I would use salt in my food, too, if you are
pissing a lot you are losing sodium as well as potassium and this can all be
fairly serious if not corrected. You will feel much better in a short time
though, literally in minutes. Upping your carb intake will diminish the
diuretic effect and let you retain what sodium you consume better, if you
are on a very low carb diet now.

(You have to be careful with the above if you are on blood pressure
medicine, diuretics, or have kidney disease.)

After this, the next step is calcium and magnesium but I would think your
description indicates a potassium and sodium problem.

--Richard