From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:00:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/01 4:10:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< But I also feel that, if
 we think these things need to be changed, it's our job to change them >>

I do agree with you here. We have to try to change the government's position
on this, and this means a campaign to change mainstream thought. Things are
happening, and the latest article in the journal Science saying that there is
no evidence that dietary fat is linked with heart disease  may make some in
the establishment reexamine their positions on this. It is a step in the
right direction.

One thing I do is I write to any newspaper columnist or nutritionist that I
see who is way of base, and is promoting a high carbo diet. I saw one the
other day put out by the Chicago Tribune "put carbohydrates at center stage
on your dinner plate...." by Kerry Neville. The Tribune has not given me his
e-mail address yet, but I'm going to be persistent on this! I also hammered a
columnist with the LA Times, and I believe set him thinking regarding the
information he was getting from "experts" he had been consulting. Most of the
worst advice is coming from these mainstream nutritionists and dietitians.

Charles
San Diego, CA