From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:19:43 -0600
>Hard to see how this is an "improvement". The only thing wrong there is the
>margarine. They will be eating more carbo, if they've reduced their fat
>intake. I'll bet they are putting on weight.

Many Americans point to a low-income, overweight person and say two words -
fat and lazy.  I firmly believe many poor people are fat because starch is
cheap.  I should know; it took a long time for me to make much money despite
my college degree.  What did I eat in the salad days?  No salad, that's for
sure.  Instead, ramen noodles (ten for a dollar!) and the like; it's all I
could afford!

People also say early humans weren't fat because they exercised all the
time.  Oh, then I guess diet has nothing to do with anything.  Yeah, right!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO