From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:16:59 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/01 7:09:38 AM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< >
 What does the government (that's us, by the way) have to do with us as
 free individiuals being suckered in with the rest of the
 media-worshiping sheep herds to learn about what we freely choose to put
 into our mouths?  Wouldn't it be up to the folks raising these pre-
 20-years-olds (that's us, by the way) to instill enough of a sense of
 curiosity that they might question the validity of a Twinkie commercial?

 Just curious:-)
 Lois

I agree. I have always taken the responsiblity for my own knowledge of
nutrition. I don't think you can entirely blame the government for the bad
health of the masses of Americans....it is logical to me to have the
realization that if you are fat, or gaining weight, getting sick on your
present diet, it is up to you to look into your diet and make changes to help
yourself.
I think many people are just lazy mentally and follow whatever anyone says so
they won't have to be responsible... they can pass the blame on to someone
else.

Mary C.