From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:04:41 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/01 1:17:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I think it is possible to live healthy lives on a diet constructed of
 food from completely new gene-constructed species, if someone *happened*
 to manage to make it the right way.  >>

Surely the whole reason for the survival and success of the human species is
its very adaptability. Humans can live and thrive on virtually anything, SO
LONG AS IT'S NATURAL. The thing that has destroyed our health in the last
hundred years is man's intervention in the food chain. Wild plants must be
acceptable by definition. Any genetic changes that would have occured in
plants would also have occured in us. We must be compatible with the wild
food supplies at all times.

Charles
San Diego, CA