From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:13:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/17/01 9:15:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< * demands of digestion (blood flow to digestive tract)

This is what I thought was going on. It felt as though blood was being
diverted from the head. This is why I wondered if there is any way to
quantify the energy required to digest different foods. I believe that the
energy required to digest carbohydrate must be much higher than for fat and
protein.

Charles
San Diego, CA