From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:25:11 -0400
Flaxseed oil consumption can even out your ratio of w6:w3 fatty acids. I
don't see what is wrong with that. You can also consume a bit of fish oil
and a bit of flaxeed oil. You can give yourself days off from the regimen,
also, which is quite paleo IMHO.

I consume 1 - 2 tblspns of flaxeed oil every day or two, sometimes several
days in row, sometimes missing several days in a row. Every day or three I
consume some cod liver oil, perhaps 1 - 2 tspns, not more.

As someone pointed out, the fish oil capsules are often (usually) rancid,
suffering peroxidation. I don't consume any essential fatty acids that I
cannot taste, for this reason.

I haven't figured out how to consume fish oil except for cod liver oil,
straight from a supplemental liquid, sans capsules, other than from eating
fish, so I consume sardines several times per week and use the cod liver
oil. (You have to be careful with not consuming too much cod liver oil
because of the heavy dose of vitamins A and D, of course.)

I am attempting to see if dry skin around my knuckle and elbows gets better
this way. I think it is getting better actually. Just one improvement among
many: my allergies improve with this regimen also.

--Richard