From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:50:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/01 4:58:19 AM, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

<< We'll be meeting at 1:30 at Grand Central Station.

Ray

WHERE in Grand Central Station? It's an enormous place, and meeting will be
made all the more difficult since, having never met, we wouldn't know how to
recognize who we are looking for. Here's a note from my mother, who lives in
Manhattan:

Meeting at Gr.Central at lunch time is not a good idea. It is a very crowded
area. Any restaurant around there would be mobbed with business people at
lunch hour. I would suggest a restaurant called Rachel's, at 608 9th Ave
bet.43rd and 44th.St. I have eaten there and it's a pretty nice place. I
imagine a lunch might cost about $10.

Also, any of the places suggested by Don would be fine with me too.

Don said:

Depends on what you want to do. If it is just to meet you have the lovely
lobby of the Chrysler Building. Or in Grand Central itself (which has a
food court on the lower level). If you want to eat, then an Indian
restaurant with a buffet is the easiest for near-paleo food. Have to accept
corn oil in the curries and chick pea flour to thicken. The nicest Indian
buffet around GCT is $14.95. A very acceptable one for $5.95 is at
Lexington and 28th St. Another we like is on 50th St almost to 1st Ave.
That one is $6.95. Just exactly where is your publisher? Let me pull out a
phone book.... I find addresses for them all over. Is 33 Irving Place the
one where you will be meeting? That's a good distance from GCT.

I am willing to meet you anywhere you might suggest, but it needs to be more
specific.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY