From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:49:29 -0600
At 03:22 PM 4/10/01 -0400, siobhan wrote:
>Dianne writes regarding petroleum-based lip balms:
>
><<Interestingly enough, those are the *only* products that work for me,
>since
>for me, anyway, they seal moisture in!>>
>
>  Hi Dianne,
>
>You may want to explore this a little further.  All petroleum based products
>are toxic to your body.

That is true, however, in over 40 years of exploring everything imaginable,
these products are the only thing that helps at all.  I'm allergic to most
"moisturizers" (badly so to anything with sheep-oil), and most synthesized
stuff.  Every herb-based varient is next to worthless.  I've tried
everything from variations on dietary fat, vitamin and mineral balances,
even, when I was a child, things like "x-ray therapy"!  I watch the
temperature of the water even when I just wash my hands, I keep the
moisture in the air at a relatively high level...  most things make things
worse.

So I opt to avoid using anything at all as much as possible.  I just live
with it unless it gets to the chapped stage.

I do find that judicious amounts of sunshine help, and so get that year
'round on any parts that can be exposed legally :)

Fortunately, folks with skin like mine aren't all that common!

Dianne