From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 14:47:07 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/01 11:02:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< The nudists I know today claim they feel much
 more in harmony with the world than others who
 keep their bodies bundled up and hidden from the
 Sun..... >>

I'm one, and I do!

Your comments about clothing and feeling cold: Native peoples do not feel
cold the way bundled up "textiles" (that's what we nudists call clothed
people!) do. White chroniclers of native peoples often commented on the
ability of the natives to sleep naked outdoors in low temperatures. Physical
actitivity has a lot to do with this, but I believe there are other factors.
Feeling cold is a sensory response, which can be modified with training. You
can simply train yourself not to feel cold. Not easy as a cosseted modern,
but if you are brought up like this a child, you wouldn't know the difference.

I often think of people like the Roman Legions, who ventured far north in
Britain, and who generally wore sandals and leather "skirts". I wear sandals
with bare feet all the time now, and people say "'aren't your feet cold?" But
no, because I have improved my circulation by paleo living, which means
constant steady exercise (particulary nude barefoot hiking native style),
eating small quantities of highfat/protein and moderate carbo.

Charles
San Diego, CA