From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:07:04 -0500
Mary asked:
"Could a child  like
Larry,
>who was on formula, and SAD for the first 3 years of life, ever develop
>muscles to that extent? in other words, are muscles somewaht determined
by
>early nutrition, which no amount of exercise, nor paleo diet in later
life,
>can overcome?"

I was a formula (and Kool-aid & Pepsi) baby and SAD for 17 years, then
anorexic, then vegetarian, and finally paleo for the last 10 months. Paleo
together with yoga a few times weekly and hoisting the kids around
day-to-day has made me quite strong. My legs even have definition, this was
NEVER true before. If I were actually trying to build and develop more
muscle, I am sure I would see results.

I am caring for my sister in law's plants while she is temporarily living in
the UAE. Her prayer plant was near dead. Not a bit of green to it. I
repotted it in some soil that I fertilized with compost tea, changed it's
location for better sunlight, and checked it's water frequently. In one
week, the plant had several bright green leaves. In three weeks, the plant
had grown threefold and even flowered (probably b/c of the stress). It's
still alive and well, it just demands careful attention.

Why should the human body be much different? Life is resilient.
Best,
Stacie