From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:36:11 -0400
I live in Toronto and lately have been checking out all the places to
purchase free range/organic/natuiral meat  downtown.  There are a number of
health food joints that stock fresh and frozen chicken, lamb, and beef,
which is great....EXCEPT for one thing.  They don't label their meat with a
packaging date!  Sometimes they don't even label where the meat came from,
or even what part of the !@$^%#$ animal it is.  Basically you have to take
the word of the employees, and sometimes I can't help but wonder if some of
them are a bit, ahem, vegan-biased, and aren't really concerned about their
meat products.  I've told two stores that I won't buy their meat until they
start labelling it properly, which means I'm left with only one option...
the Big Carrot (for any other torontonians out there).  Do other people
encounter this problem with buying meat?  I mean, aren't there any public
health regulations that would oblige them to label?  ok some might suggest I
just go shoot my own meat, or buy direct from a rancher....but until i get
my gun and a deep freezer, does anyone have any other suggestions?  Does
this problem happen in other cities?

thanks
Cheyenne