From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:02:26 -0500
Charles said (and I love reading your posts BTW):
>and I am starting to understand what it means with this paleo philosophy.

Which makes me think of my own experience, which is the more I learn, I
still always feel like I am "starting to understand". It just keeps getting
bigger in it's intricately woven, vast simplicity. That's the interesting
thing about truth. ("You can reach it, but you can't grab it..."- ok, so
that's from a U2 song.)

The closer we move to a truly natural way of living, perhaps we begin to see
that there are thousands upon thousands of things that we can only begin to
understand. And, of course, that we cannot know everything. (Although,  of
course, vegans know *everything*. Please forvige my lighthearted sarcasm.)

Some time ago there was a thread here regarding "Veggie Victims". It began
with my sharing an observation, and to my surprise there were several people
here who had made similar observations. Now I am starting to see that
agriculture is a sort of codependancy (which is directly related to
victimization) and that a hunter-gatherer lifestyle is more like a peaceful
marriage. From that standpoint, it is no wonder that Americans are divided
between the aggressors and the professional victims- and that the veggies
think that the carnivores are out to get 'em.

JMT, I guess I am full of them (or "it") today!
Stacie
who isn't going to abandon the supermarket just yet, maybe that's the next
thing I will begin to understand :)