From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:34:12 -0500
On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:17:06 -0700, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Wow.  I was lucky enough to not only hear a great lecture from Swedish
>researcher Staffan Lindeberg but to also enjoy dinner with the Jesus, Mary,
>Joseph and Pope of paleo nutrition; Mike & Mary Dan Eades, Staffan
>Lindeberg and Loren Cordain.

This sounds as to have been a very interesting meeting, indeed.

>But I digress.  Lindeberg has done extensive research on the Kitava, a
>native people that inhabits a remote island off the Papua New Guinea coast.

You can find from Staffan's work on Kitava at paleodiet:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S2=paleodiet&q=kitava&s=&a=ja+94

One interesting example at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9805&L=paleodiet&P=R1530

Something about their high carb diet and fat synthesis too.

>I should be interviewing Dr. Lindeberg tomorrow and, if so, will share some
>more info.  Fascinating, indeed.

I'm looking forward to :-)

Cheers, Amadeus