From:
John McKenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:34:52 +1100
Phosphor wrote:

> Amadeus doesn't foget, he' a serial liar and deceiver on the issue of fat
> and wild game.

I don't think its a case of lying, but rather a case of theory versus
practice.
We can postulate all day long about what people did or didn't do, but a
little
hands on experience will shed a lot of light. the thing is, this will
only
help us in determining what is happening right now. What happened in the
past
is a fair bit of detective work, and even then we really can only make
educated
guesses, no one yet has a way of proving things absolutely about the
past.

With this in mind, Amadeus puts a lot of thought/effort into his posts.
I don't necessarily agree with them 100%, but they do raise
debate/discussion
and are of great benefit. A lot of his comments about fat content (I
believe)
are taken from Loren Cordains work. Although, from personal experience,
I would
tend to raise questions over the kangaroo data, I havent done any
personal scientific
research, so it is more a personal judgement call comparing it to other
meats of known
value....

If nothing else, it raises the level of idea exchanges, and in the end
will
contribute to the greater knowledge of listmembers

This is moving into a tangent that is completely off topic, so I will
leave it there
but would be willing to take any of it up in private email should anyone
fell the need.

John McKenzie (who mostly lurks)