From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:28:36 -0800
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:54:20 -0800, Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a relative who is losing his hair on the top of his head, is there
>any evidence that diet affects hair loss?

I heard second hand that there is a newsgroup about male hair loss, and that the
Zone diet is mentioned favorably.   But this is not a surprise, since the Zone
diet's main principle is to regulate hormone levels.

My general experience is that this is something that men fret about for no good
reason.   I've yet to meet a woman who cared about it, and in fact, there's
hardly a bald celebrity who isn't considered sexy by women.

Another example is Sean Connery, and it seemed pretty clear that women didn't
consider him less sexy when he started losing his hair...

PS   Most highly amusing are the men who have hair pieces and at the same time
are 30 pounds overweight. :-)

--
Cheers,

Ken