NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Husby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:29:56 -0700
I'm not sure I see the problem with these statements, as long as they were
aimed at people who are only LI, and not milk allergic. I vaguely remember
seeing the yogurt episode when it first aired, and I don't remember having
any issues with the way things were portrayed. The chocolate one I don't
remember - I assume it must refer to making milk chocolate with lactose free
milk. Once again, this might be useful for people who are only LI.

I get the sense that most of us on the list who have even minor milk
allergies tend to avoid dairy altogether. Perhaps those of us with minor
allergies will gamble more freely with unknown products than those of us
whose allergies are more serious, but we still make an effort. I don't
believe most LI people behave that way. Most LI people I have known have a
mental list of products/brands that are free enough of lactose to be
consumed without an accompanying dose of lactase, those which do require a
dose, and those which are so overloaded with lactose that even a big dose of
Lactaid or equivalent isn't sufficient to make the experience worthwhile.

Bob