NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christine Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:38:03 -0800
Good morning everyone,
Hang in there Bonnie!  Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time.
Having recently gone through milk "detox", I definitely believe there is
such a period.  Again, this is from my experience, not science.  However,
interesting it seems, that with issues such as this, relating stories as we
are doing gives me more information than science.
So, I would say there's a couple months involved in milk detox.  Part of
this is due to you making adjustments to your diet.  Also how strict you are
being.  For instance, as soon as possible, get a hold of a list of
milk-related ingredients.  I found one the other day on nomilk.com, then
click on the archive for this list (is a link), and it will have
"Milk-Related Ingredients".  You'll be surprised that milk is EVERYWHERE and
takes a serious effort to eliminate it.  Switch to natural shopping and
you'll save some effort (less ingredients, more clear labeling).  I love
Whole Foods if you have one nearby!
So anyway, good luck and be patient.  When I first did this I was a bit
irritable.  Then, as I decided what foods I could eat, I didn't have to do
as much "research" and it seemed less of a burden.  Overall, I feel much
better health-wise--though my track record with the "blues" is not quite so
simple.  Part of the health improvement, I think, has come from switching to
a mostly organic diet as a result and eliminating so many unnecessary
additives and chemicals that are in, what I now call, "Mainstream Food".
(example--most anything found at your local grocery store).
Oh yeah--dramatic change for me as far as asthma and skin problems with milk
elimination (other factors too, but I think the milk played a part).
Good luck and stay in touch!
Christy
Seattle, WA