NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Angel Katinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:04:47 EST
Not exactly. I have had anaphylactic retains to drinking it, eating it, skin
pricks and even kissing someone who has just consumed it. If it touches my
skin (let's say my forearm), then my forearm will swell up and get very red.
I'll also get a large raised knot (like a beesting) in the exact spot the
dairy product touched me. This is in addition to the other swelling. I'll
also get an asthma like response, with congestion and coughing, but not
anaphylactic. The swelling and congestion usually takes a day or two to clear
up. The beesting-like knot can last up to 3 or 4 days. I can't even use a
spoon if it's even touched dairy and not been thoroughly washed in hot soapy
water first. So, needless to say, nothing with any dairy in it at all (edible
products or otherwise) are allowed anywhere near my house. And the only time
I eat out is at Kosher restaurants with double kitchens.
Angel