NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:55:42 EDT
The Parent's Guide to Food Allergy by Marianne S. Barber is a new book that I
found to be very good.  I think you can get it at Barnesandnoble.com.  When
you are dealing with multiple allergies you kind of have to piece everything
together yourself unless your allergies fall into a certain group like Crohns
disease or Celiac.  After the first year or two of getting adjusted, it is
really not so hard.  My Peter is allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, peas,
legumes, chicken, green beans and tuna.  He is really a very healthy hearty
child.  If you do have multiple allergies the best thing you can do is find a
really good allergist that has the time to find out what is going on in the
food allergic world.  After years of finding different allergists in NJ  I
finally made the trek into NYC, to the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute (Dr.
Nowak at Dr. Sampson's office).  It made all the difference in the world!!

Sally  mom to Peter 5 (multiple allergies), Michael 3, and George 5mos.