NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:23:20 -0500
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:15:07 -0000, Montgomery, Megan wrote:

} >        I am both dairy-allergic and lactose intolerant and
} > according to my
} > allergist the reason I violently vomit my allergens is due to
} > the allergy
} > not the lactose intolerance.  That is the particular reaction
} > that I had to
} > the caramel color in Coca-Cola.
}
} I suspect that whether or not caramel colour is dependent more on the
} location of the supplier of it than almost anything else.  That is, the
} supplier would presumably use the cheapest local source of sugar, be it
} lactose, beet sugar or whatever.  And that itself could alter seasonally.
} Hence variation within different products and the unreliability of previous
} experience of it.
}
} Presumably, kosher for passover Coke (which should be hitting the shelves
} soon) should be OK though.

There is absolutely no connection between "kosher for passover" and the
presence or absence of milk ingredients.

Best regards,
Alex.