C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:58:56 -0400
Dear Uncle Mike,

  I'm in rather a bad way --- I gots sumfin caught in my toofies. Mommy gave me one
of dem bones ... you know the ones  ... real beef bones - not that rawhide stuff
made in Taiwan and tainted with salmonella (yucksters!). Well, anyway, a stringy
bit got caught in my teeth and she and Daddy had to save my little furry (or is
that hairy) little life (I over-dramatize, but what the heck, it's my story!).
Mommy examined the bones and found them not to be the same type the butcher person
always gave us. They're in the trash! I'm so sad, cause I loved bones.

  Moms and Pops figured they had me set right, but I'm still grabbing and tearing
at my face, like something's still stuck - especially after I eat. Daddy said to
just let it, whatever it is, rot out. That's just too gross for my liking. Mommy
brushed my toofies as best as she was able, given I'd take the hand off her if she
went beyond the limits that "I" set for her, or anyone else for that matter,
groping around in my mouth! But, sadly (woe is little me!) I'm still beset with
this irksome problem.  For what seemed an eternity, Mommy has been trying to reach
"my" vet (not to be confused with "her" doc) with no luck. She ventured forth and
consulted with another vet clinic, and the only way around my little dilemma is to
have me anaesthetized to examine my teeth, and clean them while I'm in the land of
la-la. This is of great concern to me, given my age. I'm a senior dude, ya know,
and any procedure that requires sleepy time is dang-eeeeerrrrrr-ous!! What's a guy
to do? I ask you!

  I'm thinking Mommy should take me to her dentist and have him give me a wee shot
o that  "laughing gas" and sort me out. Wonder what he'd bill me under?

  Auntie Mags, I'm sorry to hear about your own toof probs. Not fun! Like Mommy,
I've never had a tooth taken out; that would simply be too traumatic for the
tenacious one ... Mommy, not me!

  Anyway, I think Mommy's gonna have another go at me, but not before she gives me
one of those little "happy pills" aka Calms Forte. I might behave if there's
something in it for me. I'll keep y'all posted.

  Bye for now.

Your furry nephew,

Mr. Jake (the cutie boy Cairn) Rockwell
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier/jake.html for new pics of me :)