C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:17:36 -0400
Mag,

  My doc, of the old school, pressed on the bottom rib in my rib cage - ever
so slightly, but enough to get an immediate pain response, to which he
announces - "you having myalgic pain - deep bone pain". He rx'd the
tetracycline, saying it was his standard for this type of pain, now recognized
as fibromyalgia :) He was into antibiotic therapy for arthitic conditions long
before it became popular. Minocyclene is the drug of choice for Rheumatoid,
btw.

  Tell your doctor you did some research about deep bone pain - call it
exactly that. Tell him that you read where antibiotics, namely tetracycline
helps with this problem and that with the cerebral palsy and aging crap, you
really want to try to break the cycle loose. I guarantee it will work for you.
It will also remove some of the depressive quality associated with cp. When a
person is no longer in pain, they're less likely to experience depression,
unless of course the depression is situational.

  I have found that only two courses a year work fine for me; simply put, the
10 day course at 4 times a day, breaks the cycle of the pain in the rib cage,
shoulders, spine and smaller joints - knees, elbows, etc. I feel very well for
months afterwards. Key is to take either acidophilis tablets or yogurt with
live culture to restore bowel flora, which is lost taking any antibiotics.
Docs don't generally tell you that.

  Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Carla