BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darling, all I want is that you should be a pinhead -- Arlene Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:08:42 +1000
Michael

The summer swimming sounds good.

I won't have time this trip to get over to Paris, but
I'll try and call Jean anyway.

We're actually running a one day masonry cleaning
seminar in Sydney on 5 August - and the boys from FG
in Melbourne are supposedly coming up to do a
demonstration.

Don't know whether I'll get down to the Royal
Guardsmen, but Ralph can remain assured that I'm
avoiding the boiled cardboard. IMHO the majority of
that stuff comes from the fastfood chains (didn't they
originate in the US of A?).

Thus far I've had some good Indian, some very average
pasta, some great (Australian) home cooking, and
hopefully tomorrow night some good Thai.

Most importantly, I've made it to the first three
nights of the BBC Prom concerts ... thus partially
fulfilling a long-held dream (the other part is the
Last Night of course).  It has been great to stand in
the Arena at the Royal Albert Hall amongst all these
other people and listen to fantastic music from
orchestras and conductors that previously had just
been oft-heard names on the radio or recordings.  Sir
Charles Mackerras, Orchestra of the Age of
Enlightenment, BBC Symphony, BBC Philharmonic ...

Would love to get up to the ceiling of the RAH to see
the repair works they're doing to the roof at the
moment ... maybe I should make some phonecalls!
They've got an amazing mobile scaffold supported from
two permanent monorails they've put in place ...
really impressive.

Oh, and it has been great weather.  I left Sydney
after three weeks of clear blue skies ... and the past
eight days here in London have been much the same.
Rain is forecast tomorrow, but it has been pretty
wonderful.

Sat in the park yesterday afternoon watching a
colleague's one year old son running around ... then
played Aussie Rules with a gridiron ball and scared
all those round ball enthusiasts away!!

Cheers

david
(not down under)

 --- [log in to unmask] wrote: > David; If time allows...
pop over to Paris," por le
> weekend "
> Jean was recently asking about you here in New York
> ; surprize him and give
> him a call . ..

> I have now left the heat of the city for the quiet
> confines of the Cape
> seaside demonstrating to my "wee one "; zen and the
> art of the cannonball on
> historic family   spring board; (with the long low
> bounce ); that launches my
> hulking frame into the         air like a bad slice
> of golf; only to pummel
> the air with screams, as children squeal,
> and Da -Da pancakes with unbridled Olympic panache.
>
> Michael
>
> Ps  Try; The  Royal Guardsmen pub; in back of the
> old central Hospital is one
> of the oldest ; it s haunted ; but steer clear of
> the food or you may have
> unwanted visitations

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!