Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:49:23 -0600
Rachel wrote:

>Most magazines have less integrity than the station you worked for. >They
>are heavily influenced by the companies that scratch their backs >and fill
>their coffers!

Bingo!

The funny thing is, people think broadcast news is biased and print media as
pure as the driven snow.  Wrong!

I did news (through one position or another) at five companies which,
combined, represented 1 television station and 9 radio stations.  TV, AM or
FM, it didn't matter; news was news.

As for print, here's something you may not know; print reporters, by and
large, don't roll tape!  I've only seen done it a few times.  That's pretty
scary.  Think about it; what you say and what someone hears are often two
different things.  A lot of people snicker at TV and radio reporters, but
what you tell them is on tape.  Your soundbites are the foundation of the
story and speak for themselves.  Think of that the next time you watch World
News Tonight or the local TV news.

While news magazines such as Time and US News & World Report are on the
mark, health and lifestyle magazines have agendas and owe their souls to the
company stove.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO