Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 21:54:21 -0500
My local supermarkets each have a very small organic produce section. Some
of their produce bears exactly the same labels as the produce that I get at
Fresh Fields, probably it comes from the exact same source, but there is
often a big difference in quality. I always figured that this is in part
because the supermarkets mistreat their produce in the first place
(refrigerated tomatoes...yikes!), and also that Fresh Fields has a much
higher demand for the organically grown stuff.

I always buy organic bananas. Conventional bananas are exposed to a gas
(methane? petroleum derived?) that makes them ripen quicker. These bananas
have a bitterness to them that is not present with organic bananas. I notice
this with other produce as well, but the bananas are most pronounced.

Stacie