Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:59:00 -0600
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> I agree that the real problem is the population growth.
> But now we are 6 billion humans, what shall we do with *these*?
> If all would eat less farmed animals, more crops would be left for all,
> isn't that true? In Argentinia for example a lot of soy is grown, which in
> turn is fed to animals - in Argentinia, in Europe. These gigantic soy
> farmlands could be used to produce a lot of crops suited well for the people
> there. Directly. That would be better for the hungry people there, insteat
> of buying additional tanks for some army from the money from the soy or
> export meat. Or not?

Two points.  1. Soy is not "suited well for the people" anywhere.
2. And the problem is not the raising and eating of animals for food,
it is the feedlot system.  Grazing animals on lands suited for pasture (and not
suited for agriculture) produce more food for humans than any other use of
that land.

Regards,
Lynnet