Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 09:31:08 +0300
> I just plowed through this long and inconclusive piece in the journal
> Science. This journal is widely read and quoted, so this is a big deal.
> Basically the piece says that the link between dietary fat consumption and
> heart disease is not proven despite all the rhetoric.

One of the main causes of heart disease is the thickening of the inside of
arterial walls and hence narrowing of arteries leading to blockage.  One of
the main causes of this is high insulin levels, which as well as
transporting glucose promotes tissue proliferation.

The so-called French paradox is higher levels of saturated fat lead to lower
carbohydrate requirements and hence insulin levels. Add this to excess
homocyteine levels from low b12 intake and you have a recipe for heart
disease.

Heart disease and adult-onset diabetes were relatively rare in the days of
high butter and meat intake, comapred with now. If high carb diets are so
healthy, why is the West, whcih has followd this dogma for the last 30
years, dying in droves from heart disease, daibetes, and cancer?

Andrew