Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:08:30 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< what's clam chowder? don't think we have it here.. >>

Thick soup made from clams, using cream -- not really paleo, or native
californian, but very tasty!

<<What did Indians do if they went off on a hunt or a trip for a few days? i
know of pemmican.  Did they take other stuff with them?  Are you saying they
tend to snack through the day and have a big meal at night>>

Yes, they carried stuff like pemmican, or jerky, or dried acorn meal. One
thing the Indians never did was have a "big meal". All small stuff. But
actually, when hunting, or on war expeditions, they might not eat at all.
This is something we find hard to understand. Indians fasted a lot, and the
reason is, surprise, surprise, is that fasting gives you more energy. Try it,
and you'll see!

Charles