Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:47:21 -0700
7bit
From:
Subject: Re: [P-F] Calcium paradox in stone-age diet: high
protein yetlowcalcium intake)

> The bodies were buried between 1729 and 1852 - however the
point of the
> exercise was to check the method known as the "Complex
Method" for
> telling the age of death, as well as to see what diseases
had been
> suffered etc.
> One of the previous assumptions was that elderly women
would have lost a
> lot of bone density through osteoporosis and this was not
found to be
> the case at all.

REPLY     They  had little sugar or white flour---They had
to walk everywhere---they had  calm evenings

> > I don't remember any article or study, where old aged
peple in paleolithic
> > times were assumed. Some extremes can have reached old
ages, but 40 I think
> > is assumed as the common old age of death.
>
> Yes, it is the assumed age of death but is likely to be
wrong going by
> the fact that the healthy bones of the Spitalfields bodies
were assumed
> to be younger at death than they actually were.
> Although the Spitalfields bodies were not eating a paleo
diet in life,
> they were not eating a diet rich in processed foods/sugar
either. Even
> their bread would have been less processed

AGAIN   the diet was  better than Now.

> One of the previous assumptions was that elderly women
would have lost a
> lot of bone density through osteoporosis and this was not
found to be

I visited a primitive Village.    An old Woman was grinding
Corn to make Tortillas----I  said;  "Let Me Do That'    I
was  some 50 years of age and seemingly robust!  Ha!  I  had
bitten off a real chore--------  I  had to change arms every
two minutes.   The  "OLD Lady had been grinding away with
one arm.

I  keep hearing on this list that modern people  --You and
Me are Soft and    --Ignorant of What  Primitive Life is
really like.

Figure it out,          Lorenzo