BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Afghanistan of the preservation movement." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:16:00 +1100
8bit
From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
From my perspective, I'd consider either approach as
possible options, and make my decision based on:

* relative proportion still intact and capable of
continuing to perform after repair and painting
* relative costs and propensity of owner to spend
money
* overall significance of stucco
* likelihood of a future round of works appreciating
that wall was originally unpainted stucco, and
replacing painted stucco with unpainted stucco ...

Of course, this is all subjective, and ten of us would
probably end up divided roughly equally as to the
preferred approach!

> Agreeing with your logic, so, do you recommend
> repairing and painting or
> replacing all the stucco with new that could/should
> perform equal to the
> original? My gut instinct is re-stucco 100% and not
> paint.
>
> You?
>
> Eric Hammarberg

Cheers

david west

http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Shopping
- Get organised for Christmas early this year!