BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Guaranteeing the preservation of heart and myth <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:15:03 -0400
Message text written by Guaranteeing the preservation of heart and myth
>Which remindth me, down at the Fabulouth Thummit Mall yethterday, I thaw
(and
I didn't jutht think I thaw) a butter-yellow 62 Morgan.  I knew it wath a
62
becauthe the lithenthe plate thaid tho.  Didn't athk the owner it it wath
wood-framed, though.

Thankth for reminding me to tell you.  I knew you and the retht of our
Pinheaded friendth would be interethted.<

The Mogman replies:

Thank you Ralpth for reporting that sighting.

I have just returned from MOG 32 (32nd annual Morgan Owners Gathering) in
Staunton, VA. This is traditionally on the July 4th weekend. It was my 18th
meet in 20 years (I started with 12, missed 23 and 31). There were about 80
Morgans there ranging from 1932 to 2002. I drove there in the Great
Pumpkin, 150 miles, drove around all weekend and back again--about 500
miles total. This was my first Morgan road trip since 1999 and a good
warmup for driving it to IPTW next month.

I know of several that could be called butter-yellow (saw some at the meet)
and am trying to recall if any are from NJ and have a tag identifying them
as '62s. My previous one, the Stealth Morgan, was a 1961. Fergus Motors in
NYC was the primary distributor then and sold a great many in the late 50s
and early 60s (including the '57 and '61 I formerly owned). All Morgans
have wood frames (the term refers to the body structural frame, not the
chassis frame, which is always made of steel). We had a good number at the
meet from NJ and PA, so the car you saw could have been there. Was the tag
a vanity tag, or a year-of-manufacture tag (i.e. an old 1962 tag used for
an antique registration, which most states permit)? There are only about
3000 Morgans in North America, so it is possible I could identify it. The
site www.Morganville.com includes a registry. Both my current cars as well
as my former one (1961 Morgan #4875) are listed there.

MOG 33 will be in Shepherdstown, WV.

PS. Found out an interesting fact relative to my car's name--Charles M.
Schulz owned a Morgan!