From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:21:23 +1000

Dear Friends

Thank you to all who took the time to reply.

Here is a summary of replies I recieved for the benefit of those that
asked me to summarise.

1 person  An Avon Rep, said that she gets sick using Avon, (as I did)
and recommended Echo Bella and Bare Essentials.

1 person suggested checking the archives which I did but didn't find
anything listed in relation to Australia.

1 person suggested Oil of Ulay.....Neutragena....Almay, will check if
these brands are available in australia.

1 person suggested Cover Girl.....Wet n Wild  said Bonnie Bell is NOT GF

1 person said Avon is GF am having this checked through a friend of mine
who is an Avon Rep.

1 person suggested ensure lipsticks did not contain Vitamin E.

Recieved this list which is most helpful, however I am still suspicious
of Avon as it is only when I wear this lipstick I have the reaction
As of last summer, the following lipstick products were gluten-free:

All Avon products
All Blistex lip products
Chanel
Chapstick
Clinique (except for their long lasting soft shine formula)
Lancome (except Steelo Sport SPF)
Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer
Vasleline Lip Therapy

 The only ones I know of that contain gluten are Estee Lauder and Revlon.

I am still waiting to hear from Avon but will post their reply as soon
as I get it.  Hope this helps the ones who need help I know it will make
it easier for me to choose a lipstick in the future.

Regards Christina