From:
Slusz, Anthony J (OTSD, IT) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:04:46 -0500

This is a followup to my posting regarding protein supplements from the NEXT
PROTEIN Corporation.  My initial note stated that all of the NEXT PROTEIN
products were GF and tasted great. I had several followup questions wanting
to know if the company's protein products were also casein, lactose, and soy
free.  I submitted these question this morning to the California based NEXT
PROTEIN company and got my answers within an hour or so. Once again, the
NEXT PROTEIN corporation proved to very sensitive and professional in the
way they addressed my questions.  My service contact, Janet Bryant, was very
well versed in the ingredients of her product line and was extremely cordial
in her replies.  Her replies follow:

"Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you again. Hope you had a good weekend! Yes, Designer is
casein free. It is a pure whey protein. We give you whey concentrate, whey
isolates, and all the good parts of the whey. Our Designer Whey Gourmet
bars, and Smoothie packets are also casein free. You can try Target stores
for the bars, along with the Vitamin World, GNC stores, or the Vitamin
Shoppe at 1-888-880-3055 for the Smoothie packets. I am glad to hear you
like our Designer Whey! There is however, a miniscule amount of lactose in
Designer at 2/10 of a gram per serving. "Most" people that are lactose
intolerant can take Designer. I hope this helps.

Designer is pure whey, and does not contain any soy. If perhaps you are
looking for a soy product, we do have one called Isis. You may get at any of
the locations I have mentioned. All our products, including Isis, are gluten
free, and are considered safe for all Celiacs. Isis is 50% soy and 50% whey.
It does not contain any wheat, gluten and again is a safe product. Nextra
Protein Crunch is also safe. All products that we make are gluten, free.

Best regards
        Janet Bryant"