From:
Joanne D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:19:21 -0500

I've run into difficulty lately with a couple of different drug companies.
They are insisting that the FDA won't allow them by law to give "off label"
information to anyone but "health care workers".  That means, if thier
label says "starch, or flavors", they are using the FDA as the reason they
CAN'T tell us what those starches or flavors are.  Since our "health care
workers" don't have the time or even know what to ask them, how can we ever
determine which medicines are GF?

This is a serious topic that affects all of us.  I would be interested in
hearing people's ideas on what can be done.  My idea is that if the FDA
will make these requirements of drug companies, then maybe they should also
mandate all drugs be gluten free from now on.

Joanne